Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Dec 13 01:18:50 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 08:00:45AM +0000, Glyn Millington wrote:
> Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> writes:
>

> > But, we can _gently_ (it hasn't always been so gentle) teach
> > newbies that the list is meant for something higher than just
> > repeatedly ragging on why isn't FreeBSD more like MS or RHEL
> > or whatever.
>
> Or even "why isn't FreeBSD more like FreeBSD used to be back in the day?"
>
> As a newcomer to FreeBSD (who will never be a programmer or serious
> sysadmin) I'm grateful for the firm but fair approach taken here by most
> people, for the toleration of my occasional inanities, and for helpful
> answers.
>
> I'm also grateful to Chad for helping me look at again at Compiz-fusion -
> I prefer fvwm myself, but CF IS gorgeous, no doubt about it, and my
> eleven  year old thinks its cool :-)

Thanks for expressing your appreciation.  I don't have any interest in
using Compiz Fusion in my day to day life, either, but it sure is an eye
opener and fun to look at every once in a while.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth James Madison: "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it