Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Dec 12 15:15:13 PST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:28:26 +0300, Usr Random <rand15616 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi dear sirs!
>
> Correct please if me wrong, but as i know the source tree of FreeBSD
> already split into two parts - Servers-oriented (FreeBSD) and PC-BSD
> (Desktop oriented) ? Or team from PC-BSD is not FreeBSD peoples? WBR

Not really, no.

There is _nothing_ that is inherently "server oriented" about the main
FreeBSD tree, and it hasn't "split" to anything of the sort.  The PC-BSD
team is a separate team that develops PC-BSD.  Collaboration between the
two teams is, of course, more than welcome and it _does_ happen already.