Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Thu Dec 11 11:32:59 PST 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:09:51 -0800
Charlie Kester <corky1951 at comcast.net> wrote:

> The impression I get from the website is that FreeBSD is indeed trying
> to be all things to all people.  Did I miss something?

charlie, i think the point of that page is indicated here:
"Here are some examples of the environments in which FreeBSD is used"

these are examples of freebsd's versatility, which is not the same as
saying freebsd is ubiquitously versatile.

admittedly the stuff in red:
"FreeBSD is an operating system that will grow with your needs."
could be interpreted as the "all things to all people" and i think does
may be make a case for providing 'more', but i think that's something
best left to be explained by the people at the helm of the ship.

and the key point is perhaps right here:
"FreeBSD users are quite proud of not only how fast but how reliable
their systems are."

so whatever else, i think this statement is certainly something we can
all agree on.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's