Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Ole subbsd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 07:42:46 PST 2008

Also you can use portupgrade -PP

   -PP
     --use-packages-only    Never use the port even if a package is not avail-
                            able either locally or remotely, although you
                            still have to keep your ports tree up-to-date so
                            that portupgrade can check out what the latest
                            version of each port is.

In in some cases re-compiling it better then package usage. For example you
may wish for GnomeVFS support by OO, or drop GNOME support and KDE support
instead. This function sets in configure by program author and when you
working with ports you can play this options