slim(Simple LogIn Manager) problem

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Wed Dec 10 11:30:37 PST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> If I disable slim in /etc/ttys and start it via /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slim I
> can sign on and everything works except the mouse, and in terminal sessions I
> start my path is wrong.

Okay, I think I figured out where the path I'm getting when using slim is
coming from.  I never noticed that slim.conf has a default path setting.
In my slim.conf I have:

default_path        ./:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin

It would be nice to have it honor the path in /etc/login.conf but it's
simple enough to set the path in slim.conf to the same.  Now, if I can
just figure out why my mouse won't work when I sign on via slim, but works
if I start X via startx ...

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org