ISO Images/Releases/FTP Servers

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Mon Dec 8 20:22:34 PST 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Tim Judd wrote:

> So Kevin, your rant is completely based on BETAs, Snapshots, and probably
> RC's if we had any available.
>
> All three of those ARE NOT RELEASES.
>
> Those are come-n-go folders/directories on the ftp servers.

For the most part, fair enough.  I do realize that a large part of my
frustration was of my own doing.  I'm not at all surprised that I got the
error when trying to install from 7.0-STABLE-200807 as it's fairly old.
But with 7.1-BETA2 I just downloaded and installed from that ISO less than
a week ago.  It's not unreasonable to expect it to sill be available,
especially considering the fact that the "Upcoming Release:  7.1 - BETA 2"
link is still on the front page of FreeBSD.org.  Now that I'm far enough
along in my install to be able access the site I see the link does now
takes one to a download page with links to ISO images for 7.1-RC1.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX