FreeBSD cannot power down

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat Dec 6 18:01:27 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 03:42:51AM -0800, Unga wrote:
> [...]

HLT is just an old power-saving instruction that was traditionally run
in the idle loop.  From reading the code it looks like the system
should be powered off during poweroff_wait but I can't see where ACPI is
told to remove power.   You might get more help by asking on the
freebsd-acpi list.

--
Bruce Cran