DVD cloning tool

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Dec 5 11:46:43 PST 2008

> Agree that dd is good for simple CDs and DVDs but can't say that I know
> it will behave on multi-session or multi-format discs.

the question was about DVD. dvd are not produced multisession or
multiformat.

and when copying multisession data DVD, it's much better to copy off all
files, possible add more and write as single session.

actually it's rarely used. i never recorded even one multisession DVD
except once to test if it works :)

with CD - you are right, but it was already told that readcd is OK.

unfortunately AFAIK there is no similar tool for DVDs