DVD cloning tool

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Dec 5 07:11:56 PST 2008

Hi!

I'd like to ask which program is the proper tool to copy
a DVD(+|-)R 1:1 to another media of the same kind? It
would be great if the program would have a good error
tolerance for slightly defective media (which is a usual
problem with cheap DVDs).

I've always used cdrdao read-cd and afterwards cdrdao write
for CD-R, but I cannot use this tool for DVDs, right?

So far I've used growisofs to record pre-mastered ISO
file systems, but I don't want to make it that complicated
(mound source DVD, mkisofs, growisofs / burn this ISO
to destination DVD) if it can be avoided. It's not
neccessary to perform this operation from one drive
to the other, it's okay to have a temporary file
(first read, then burn).

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany