desperate Newb help

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Dec 5 06:12:03 PST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 14:39:14 Warren Liddell wrote:
> I have been trying for quite a while now to try and get some assistance
> from the various lists, google, forums an even man pages and so far not
> a single piece of advise on how to solve my issue and im getting
> desperate an ready to throw BSD in for goin back to godforbid windows,
> so once i again i ask for some help with why QT refuses to compile
> saying .....
>
> I have used the little-endian an big-endian flag an it made no
> difference, so plz someone have the kindness to help.
>
> =============================
>
> The target system byte order could not be detected!
> Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to see the final report.
> You can use the -little-endian or -big-endian switch to
> ./configure to continue.
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to kde at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/databases/qt4-sql/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.1/src/sql/../.
>.//config.log"

I have no idea why 'configure' is run. No configure is run for me at all.
Looks like your ports tree isn't sane. How do you upgrade your portstree?

Instead of using portupgrade, could you just execute the following:
make -C /usr/ports/databases/qt4-sql clean build

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.