Performance benchmarks pitting FreeBSD against Windows

af300wsm at gmail.com af300wsm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:30:21 PST 2008

Hi,

I don't even know if this has been done before, nor do I know for sure if
it's a sound comparison. Never the less, someone posted, in response to
someone else here just a few days ago, some very nice benchmarks provided
by Kris ?Kenneway? I could be wrong on the last name, it just seems to me
that's a last name I've seen with Kris frequently (my apologies Kris if I'm
wrong). Using the URL that the other poster, posted, I poked around the
other *.html files in that directory, but did not find any with FreeBSD
pitted against windows.

I'm just curious to see how it looks for my own sanity's sake. At work,
someone got the grand idea that we should move to Windoze embedded (CE and
XPe) and it's been quite discouraging I must say, though I must admit, it's
nice to actually know why Windows is ugly underneath. From a programming
perspective, it's just not simplistic. Anyway, I digress, I'm just curious
to see how things compare to Windows on similar benchmarks to what Kris
provided if its ever been done.

Thanks,
Andy