Image Programs

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu Dec 4 17:43:35 PST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, G magicman wrote:

> 1.  Does Freebsd have a program like Photoshop avail to use a
> copy-left GNU license type ? and a form of Thumbsplus which allows me
> to do rudimentary picture manipulations changing file type, cropping
> etc.  i have all the 3d programs but not these 2 basic ones.

"Like Photoshop", the best I can think of is the GIMP
(/usr/ports/graphics/gimp or http://www.gimp.org/). I hear
tell Photoshop is more capable, but I haven't used it in about 10 years
so I don't really know.

For basic editing (crop, resize, gamma, change file type) xv works just
fine for me (/usr/ports/graphics/xv or http://www.trilon.com/xv/)

BTW these are not part of FreeBSD, but developed and maintained by third
parties.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]