freebsd-update through proxy with auth

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Thu Dec 4 04:23:50 PST 2008

On Wed 2008-12-03 10:36:29 UTC+0200, DA Forsyth (d.forsyth at ru.ac.za) wrote:

> How do I get freebsd-update to fetch through a proxy that requires
> authentication?  I cannot find any options in the man pages.

freebsd-update is a /bin/sh shell script.  Looking at the source I can
see it uses /usr/bin/fetch, so it's probably just a matter of reading
the fetch(1) & fetch(3) manpages to get it to do what you want.

If all else fails, you might be able to hack the freebsd-update script
to use Wget instead of Fetch, but I doubt you'll need to go to that
much trouble.