restore superblock

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 3 09:28:59 PST 2008

I have been googling for superblock restore and things are a bit
confusing. Some of the commands don't seem to match current fsck
parameters (notably -b doesn't exist.
Apparently I should be able to reconstruct the superblock(s) on my /usr
partition (slice ?) as my searches found that there are backups of the
superblocks on the files systems.
But how do I find them and restore the corrupt ones? Not clear in my
searches.
I have another installation of fbsd 7.0 on another machine with the
partitioning identical and identical hdds.
How could I use the superblock and/or other information from the good
installation to repair the damaged one - or would it be possible to
recover the superblock info from the damaged one's backcups?
Phil Jourdan