openldap24-sasl-client conflicts

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Mon Dec 1 09:14:24 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 16:34 +0100, Mel wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2008 15:48:13 Jerry wrote:
>
> > >failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> > >	! net/openldap24-client	(install error)
> > >	* net/nss_ldap
> > >	* security/pam_ldap
>
> ^^^^^ portupgrade
> >
> > I am assuming that you are attempting to install the port(s) manually.
> > Have you tried using a port management tool like 'portmanager' or
> > 'portupgrade' to handle the task.
>
> It's likely it's caused by portupgrade, but won't be able to tell till the
> output from net/nss_ldap build.

Thanks for the ideas from everyone. I was doing a portinstall of
nss_ldap and pam_ldap. I went ahead and used the -k option and all in
and working now. I also received the error when installing samba, I'm
sure would for every LDAP dependent port if memory serves. This always
bites me, I have uninstalled/reinstalled ports in the past and fiddled
with things to get it all working, but nowadays I am more
knowledgeable/comfortable using force options with the port utilities.

--
Robert