BIND DNS Patching on 6.1, 6.2

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.freebsd at adventuras.no
Sat Aug 30 16:48:57 UTC 2008

Grant Peel skrev:
> Lars,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have installed many hundreds of ports, but an feeling a little
> nervouse about this one.
>
> Would you mind creating a simplified step by step for how to perform
> this one? If so, Please include the make lines ...
>
> Thanks a billion,
>
> -Grant

iirc, all I did at the time was to read the ports Makefile and other
relevant files, then portinstall -p and select "Replace base BIND with
this version" when the options screen is displayed.
Then restart named and check that everything is working like it should.

dig @localhost +short porttest.dns-oarc.net TXT
will hopefully now give a result that includes the word GREAT.

Lars