Script To Execute command via mail

Marcel Grandemange thavinci at thavinci.za.net
Fri Aug 29 12:55:33 UTC 2008

I have an interesting situation.

I have a windows based sms server, this machine works in the following way.

It watches a shared directory for txt files that must be formatted in
certain way and periodically sends them off to mobile.

What I want to do is create a SMTP to SMS gateway.

Easy in theory!

Rite a script to map shared drive, ensure it's connected and write the txt
files in dir.

However the second part I have no idea, somehow I need to watch the mbox
file of say a e-mail account called "test"

And IF a mail arrives parse it look for a security key if exists convert to
txt file and copy to shared dir.

SMS sent..

Any suggestions?