Obscure df -h output

Marc Coyles mcoyles at horbury.wakefield.sch.uk
Fri Aug 29 07:17:50 UTC 2008

> Yes, they did something bizarre.  Ask them why :)
>
> Kris

Mornin' Kris / list...

Asked them why and they shrugged and said "we didn't"... So... I
unmounted all the nullfs mounts that it'd allow me to unmount (tmp, dev,
proc and bin were "busy") and then rebooted the box to see if they
reappeared. They didn't. Then I had a bit of a "ting" moment as the
lightbulb 2" above my head flickered into life, and logged in as a
jailed user... Lo and behold, the mounts reappeared. Logged out and
logged back in as my regular user, and the mounts remained.

Should mounts for jail-shells automatically unmount themselves when that
user logs out?? Either way, we know what the "issue" is, and that it
isn't an issue at all... S'just the joys of letting cPanel do something
for you...!

L8rs!
Marc A Coyles
Horbury School ICT Support Team