RPC: Authentication error

lysergius2001 lysergius2001 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:04:02 UTC 2008

Help please.

This is making me crazy.  I have a single client and server.  Attempting to
manually mount the client produces this error.

[udp] server:mount point:RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC:
Authentication error

rpcinfo -p server results in :
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Client
credential too weak

ps-aux | grep rpcbind shows the rpc daemon running...

/etc/hosts.allow has the names of the 3 machines on my network...

Any insights would be most welcome as I am clean out of ideas... duh?

--
Lysergius says "Stay light and trust gravity"