XFree86 instead of Xorg?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Aug 26 00:08:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:41:37 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> I thought usbd was gone.  The difference I found was that if moused was
> run by HAL or xorg or sysmouse, xorg has that long delay switching to
> graphics.

Hmm.. yes, of course, no usbd. I'm so stupid. moused seems to
be run automatically by... devd? At least the mouse is available
on the text mode consoles, this is what I usually associated with
moused run by usbd. But I'm new to FreeBSD 7, I used FreeBSD 5
until it died.

> With moused enabled in /etc/rc.conf, the xorg switch to graphics is
> back to normal.

I've put in these settings

	moused_enable="YES"
	moused_port="/dev/ums0"