ALTQ and services

Zbigniew Szalbot z.szalbot at lcwords.com
Tue Aug 19 10:46:53 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to specify services in the below scenario:

ext_if="kue0"

altq on $­ext_if priq bandwidth 1024Kb queue { q_pri, q_def }
queue q_pri priority 7
queue q_def priority 1 priq(default)

pass out on $­ext_if proto tcp from $­ext_if to any flags S/SA
          keep state queue (q_def, q_pri)

pass in  on $­ext_if proto tcp from any to $­ext_if flags S/SA
          keep state queue (q_def, q_pri)

I grabbed this example off a web page but would anyone help me
understand how I can define queue priority for ssh, smtp, httpd and ftp?

I understand that q_pri has a priority over q_def, but where do I define
what's inside them? Many, many thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.LCWords.com