FreeBSD 7.0 install on Acer Aspire AM1640-U1401A

Edwin L. Culp eculp at casasponti.net
Sun Aug 17 01:18:12 UTC 2008

Joseph Olatt <joji at eskimo.com> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried installing the following versions of FreeBSD:
>     - 7.0 Release
>     - 6.2 Release
>     - 6.1 Release
>
> on an ACER Aspire AM1640-U1401A computer and the install program is not
> detecting the SATA hard drive.

You are installing from a cdrom, I assume.  Do you get to the installer menu?

I have installed i386 Current, amd64 current and amd64 Release on my
Acer Aspire 5520-5679 and the only problem that I had was that it
could not bring up the installer and after consulting the list found
that by pressing the space bar many times it would come up.  Once
installed all is great.  Everything but the Crystal Eye Camara works.

If yours seems to be locking up, try the space key.  IIRC, press it
until it starts to beep, rebelliously.

ed