Working ccache configuration for buildworld on amd64?

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Fri Aug 15 14:48:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:04:52 -0400
"Maxim Khitrov" <mkhitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an old problem, but so far I haven't been able to find a
> solution. When ccache is used to build world on amd64, the process
> fails when /usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crt1.c is compiled. If
> WITHOUT_LIB32 is added to src.conf, this problem does not happen.
> Likewise, building without ccache works fine.

I take it that you've already tried removing any unnecessary settings
such as CFLAGS.

What interesting about this is that it's failing on a compile; i.e. on a
cache miss, when ccache is doing next to nothing. That suggests that
there's either a problem in the way that the real compiler is invoked
by ccache, or that the real failure occurred during the building
of the toolchain and it's dependencies.

I'd try setting CCACHE_RECACHE temporarily in the environment, to flush
out the old cached files, and see if it makes a difference.