how to let MPD check the password against POP3, IMAP or WWW?

assetburned freebsd at assetburned.de
Tue Aug 12 18:10:30 UTC 2008

Hi

that is not exactly what I wanted to do.

My idea was to use a script which accepts the username and password as
parameters and then tryes to connect to a web, pop3 or imap server,
depending on what is easier.

e.g. lynx -auth=username:password http://some.foobar.org/protected

and only if the script is able to fetch the protected page, than the
user is also accepted for the VPN connection.

CU AssetBurned