Xerox Phaser 6110 printer

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd at milibyte.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 20:39:46 UTC 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, Warren Block wrote:

> Printers with sole-source drivers like that make me nervous.  If the
> driver or certain features doen't work on your system, it doesn't
> leave a lot of options.
>
> foo2qpdl doesn't appear to be in ports, but probably it'll build okay
> anyway.  If it were me, I'd make sure that builds and runs first,
> making a port of it.  Then test the output on a sample printer before
> buying.

I'm using CUPS which seems to support the Phaser 6110 via the SpliX port
so I assume I wouldn't need foo2qpdl. But rather worryingly pkg-descr
lists the 6110 as "Untested".

I don't have the necessary skills to hack the driver if things don't
work so it looks like I'll probably have to eliminate this model from
my list unless I can get any feedback from anybody who is successfully
using one with FreeBSD.

--
Mike Clarke