FreeBSD, Ubuntu and Win XP on one system

Patrick Lamaizière patfbsd at davenulle.org
Mon Aug 11 20:37:48 UTC 2008

Le Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:05:10 +0200,
"Jack Raats" <jack at jarasoft.net> a écrit :

> I would like to put FreeBSD, Ubuntu and WInXP on one system using a
> boot manager.
>
> Which version do I have to put first on the harddisk, which second
> and which last?
>
> I also want to know which bootmanager to use?

By default, (the last time i tried Ubuntu) Ubuntu removes the
bootmanager to put Grub. But with the "alternate" CD of Ubuntu
you can choose to install Grub (or Lilo) on the Linux partition. For the
bootmanager I use GAG, GAG is cool and very simple.

I'm not sure is there is still an alternate CD for Ubuntu.