building a OS

Mario Lobo mario.lobo.neto at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 15:46:04 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 06:24:19 Marshall wrote:
> hi,
>  I would like some help. I want to make my own build,
> how do I? What tools do I need? is there a stripped
> down to the base I use and add the apps I want? I'm
> not sure how to go about it. I don't want to be a new
> distro or anything like that, I just want to build for
> me.
> thanks
> Marshall

Ahh ! To me, this is where the real magic of FreeBSD comes alive: Full access
to everything in one place !

Everything you to customise it is there for you. Start by looking into
/usr/src/sys/ARCH/conf to custmize the kernel.

Then go through /usr/src for everything else.

Thera are TONS of reading material, topping at www.freebsd.org, in the
handbook section.

good luck !

--