Video streaming with freeBSD

Steve Cole scole at serverhouse.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 21:32:04 UTC 2008

Hi

I have just installed FreeBSD 4.11 with the intention of not only
creating a file server but to allow for video streaming and recording
with the aid of a TV card.

Lots of forums suggest many options to achieve this however to save alot
of time with untested and not always proven methods. Could you please
advise me if this indeed possible and secondly if you could recommend
any possible tv cards compatible with your OS

I look forward to any help or assistance that you may offer.

Many Thanks

Steve C

ServerHouse Ltd
Delme Place
Cams Hall Estate
Fareham Hampshire PO16 8UJ                 http://www.serverhouse.co.uk

Helpdesk Opening Hours:

Monday to Friday 6am - 10pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Closed: All Sunday's and public holidays

Serverhouse Ltd:                           Company Registration 0338799