Upgrading from 6.x to 7.x

Warren Liddell shinjii at maydias.com
Fri Aug 8 09:32:39 UTC 2008

> no for versions of FreeBSD beyond 6.3 its in base and you dont need to
> install it seperately to upgrade between versions.
> freebsd-update -r 7.1-RELEASE upgrade
> seems to have an effect where 7.0-RELEASE no longer does. I have CCed
> freebsd-stable@ on this to see if anyone knows if this is intended or a
> mistake.
>

> Vince

# freebsd-update -r 7.1-RELEASE upgrade
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching public key from update1.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

The getting of the public key seems to be the issue no matter how i go about
trying to upgrade .. so my question now is, why is this and are there other
mirror sites that can be used ?

Below is my Uname -a output if it has any relevance..

FreeBSD  6.3-STABLE FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE #11: Thu Aug  7 17:32:22 EST 2008
shinjii@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64