Cluster Filesystem

Konrad Heuer kheuer2 at gwdg.de
Thu Aug 7 07:44:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'd like to know whether there are any works on a cluster filesystem for
FreeBSD.

Here in our environment, we use StorNext for Linux and OS X, and Quantum
people told me that they once also had a kernel module for FreeBSD. But
because there was a lack of demands they stopped maintaining it.

I really like UFS, and maybe ZFS is wonderful, too; but a cluster
filesystem has many charms in a large production environment: load
distribution, redundancy in case of failures, ...

Thanks for any reply

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2 at gwdg.de