Setting up Wireless net Card

Edward Ruggeri smallhand at crawblog.com
Tue Aug 5 12:20:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Warren Liddell <shinjii at maydias.com> wrote:
> Im trying to setup//configure my Belkin Wireless Card, but since i have had it
> for a while in a windows machine, im no clue about using a wireless card in
> FreeBSD an not as yet able to find to many sources//articles that can give me
> a head start on where to go to begin finding the cards chipset etc etc ..
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

Run "ifconfig"; if your card's driver is built into the GENERIC kernel
(it likely is), then iconfig should list it.  Alternatively, you can
run pciconf -lv.  If you can't find your card in either of these,
please copy the output of those two to the list.

(Hint: a goodway to save the output of a command to a file is:
"command | tee file").