High Availability FreeBSD www cluster

Michael Christie michael at powerzone.net.au
Tue Aug 5 07:50:48 UTC 2008

Hi all ,

I want to cluster some freeBSD servers, The purpose of this is to
learn.  I would like to  run some basic services like www and mail on a
test network. I would like to set up the servers so if one server falls
over the other will take over the services automatically, load
balanceing would be good as well. I have googled, I could be looking in
the wrong place , there seems not to be much in regard to seting up
freebsd in a cluster, lots on linux. I have looked at the High
Availability Linux project , I see on the front page that it will run on
freebsd.

So I am a bit lost and i am wanting to learn how to cluster freebsd web
and mail servers, I have looked at  Beowulf clusters, which seem to give
computers more grunt, Can some on on the list please advise me on what
clustering softwhere i need to get started and if the High Availability
Linux project softwhere will do the job.

web links any thing to help me get started would be good. No I do not
want to change over to linux.

Thanks