Software RAID options for a media server

ghostcorps at gmail.com ghostcorps at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 06:51:05 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

 As my dream of a hardware based SCSI RAID root disk was so soundly
dashed, I have been trying to figure out the most appropriate software
implementation for a media server. Which sw RAID is best for streaming
media?

The options I have are:

RAID1z, the redundancy is not my concern so much as performance over a
network, but if the reduction in performance is negligible I may opt for
it for fun.
or
RAID0 using gvinum, a far more complex option so I'd like to get an idea
of its suitability.

 Otherwise if there are any other avenues please fill me in. I am at a
loss on which way to go...

Thanks
=^_^=