[Fwd: Re: src.conf: WITHOUT_SOMETHING]

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sat Aug 2 06:18:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 15:15:59 -0500
Kevin Kinsey <kdk at daleco.biz> wrote:

>   I will mention that
> not having sendmail, you may break something (but
> I'm not sure if that particular knob means that there
> will be no local mailer at all).

Depends - you may have postfix installed and /etc/mail/* configured to use it
instead...in which case there may not be much need for base's sendmail. Other
than that, I definitely agree with you.

> Cron(8), for example,
> uses a local mailer to notify you of cronjob output,
> and having cron work is a Good Thing(tm) in my experience
> as a sysadmin.

:-D
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"So limp of brain that for them to conceive an idea is to risk a haemorrhage.
So limp of body that their purple dresses appear no more a dixative of housing
nerves and sinews than when they hang suspended from their hooks" Mervin Peake,
"Gormenghast", chap. 2, on the Earl's twin sisters

Warned.