OpenLDAP/FreeBSD: How to implement attribute HOST without STRUCTURAL account?

Jonathan McKeown jonathan at hst.org.za
Wed Apr 30 09:22:51 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 11:00, O. Hartmann wrote:
> O. Hartmann wrote:
> > Jonathan Chen wrote:

> >> Is there really such a rule?

It's true that an object can only belong to one structural class (although it
can belong to many auxiliary classes).

I use the auxiliary class extensibleObject, which allows you to add any
attribute to an LDAP object. My user accounts have three object classes:
inetOrgPerson (the structural class), posixAccount and extensibleObject. The
rules for the first two are still enforced, but I am able to add the Host:
attribute.

Jonathan