ssh StrictHostKeyChecking=no refuse connection when key changed

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 16:25:25 UTC 2008

Is it normal that StrictHostKeyChecking=no in .ssh/config
still refuses ssh connection when host ID has changed.

I've a setup in which host ids change frequently. How
can I setup ssh so that it ignores key change.

% ssh -oPort=xxxxx xx.xx.xx.xx
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the DSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the DSA key sent by the remote host is
[skip]
Add correct host key in /home/mexas/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /home/mexas/.ssh/known_hosts:1
Password authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
Keyboard-interactive authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
Permission denied (publickey,password).
%

many thanks
anton