IBM ServeRAID

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri Apr 25 14:02:18 UTC 2008

 Le 25/04/2008 à 05:38:45-0700, Aguiar Magalhaes a écrit
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to install the free 7 in a IBM System x3500 server.  The ServeRAID was detected but the IBM SAS 15 K Hard Disks aren't listed during the boot process.
>
> The sysinstall send the message (fdisk): No disks found !
>
> Is it a problem with the SAS/SATA controller ? Do I need to configure the ServeRAID ?

What's you mean ? You need to configure the ServeRaid on the boot of the
server. Some time (15 sec) after the server boot you need to enter
i_don_t_remenber_what_key (but it's on the screen) to create the raid
volume using the ServeRaid-Bios (not the server BIOS).

I'm using a IBM X3550 with two SAS disks with ServeRaid and don't have any
problem.

Be careful if you raid volume is very big fdisk cannot make the partition.

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH
SIO batiment 15