vpn + samba

Jon Theil Nielsen jontheil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:17:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

I use FreeBSD 7.0-Release and mpd4. The setup is rather uncomplicated. The
only problem is that I have had to create a mpd.secret file to authenticate
users instead of using the UNIX password or alternatively the Samba
password. I'm not quite sure, but it migth be solved by  also setting up a
Radius server.
My setup works for both Windows and Mac clients.

Regards,
Jon

2008/4/21 alexus <alexus at gmail.com>:

> no problem (yet) just trying to get a word from someone who has an
> experience in both to share their knowledge which one is better and
> why.
>
> so far i see that mpd has more recent release vs poptop
>
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Wojciech Puchar
> <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> >
> > > hi
> > >
> > > i need to get vpn + samba working by vpn i mean a remote user being on
> > > the road can connect to box and use samba file sharing, most of our
> > > users use vista, some xp
> > >

> >  so do it. what a problem?
> >

> --
> http://alexus.org/