(Partially solved) cmucl and sbcl crash on FreeBSD 7.0

Xuebin Qiao xbqiao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 16:46:59 UTC 2008

Today, I find the bug that made cmucl/sbcl crash. The problem was caused by
a hand tuning parameter "kern.maxdsiz" in loader.conf. In practice, some
programs need very large memory footprint. To make them happy, I increased
the max data segment size by hand. Sadly, this made cmucl/sbcl crash.

If I comment out the line in loader.conf, everything is ok now. The price is
I have to constantly tune the kernel knob back and forth when needed. :-( Is
there any good suggestion to overcome it?

Thanks for all those who has kindly lend me a hand.

best regards

qxb

--
... there have been two really clean,
consistent models of programming so far:

--Paul Graham