Sony PRS-505 ebook reader with FreeBSD

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Apr 23 11:00:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:55:29 +0000 Oleksandr Rudyk wrote:

> I am trying to connect my sony to freebsd via usb cable and see three new
> devices:
> /dev/da0
> /dev/da1
> /dev/da2
> First one for internal reader memory, other two for sony's sd and ms card
> readers

> I  type "ls /dev/da0*" and I see only three devices above, and didnt have
> any of
> /dev/da0s1 or similar.

> When I am trying to access /dev/da0 I got error "Device not configured."

Did you try to mount it first?
# mount_msdodfs /dev/adX /mnt

BTW, some USB devices (and their slices) are showed after:
# true > /dev/adX

> I expected to deal with sony as ordinary usb drive but got this problem.

> Any suggestions?

> P.S Sony reader use MontaVista Linux as internal OS

I use a similar device: lBook eRreader v8. When I try to use it via
it's USB cable it also shows only /dev/adX devices. But if I take off
a card and use it alone I get /dev/adXs1 device.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve