Any Known Issues when using both RS-232 and Native Serial Ports?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Apr 22 20:41:55 UTC 2008

We have a FreeBSD6.2 system capturing serial data on /dev/ttyd0.
/dev/ttyd1 is currently set up for serial console use and we may
want to add a third serial port to run yet another serial data
capture engine.

	Since receiving serial data is far more problematic than
transmitting it, can anybody think of any particular problem one
might encounter if both the data acquisition ports happened to
be trying to receive data simultaneously?

	The serial console port is not really an issue because
it will be rarely ever used.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer