ASUS SK8N SATA

Jason Portwood jason at wkrp.com
Mon Apr 21 13:01:19 UTC 2008

I have an ASUS SK8N motherboard with an athlon fx-51 processor and 1GB of
RAM with two SATA hard drives (western digital).  I think thats the nForce
150 chipset in it.  I running FreeBSD 7.0 64bit (amd64) pretty much up
today (a day or so behind cvs).

When I do massive amounts of activity on the drives the system will
freeze.  No error messages reported.  I've replaced the drives thinking
that could be the problem but I get the same results.

I've tried using dd_rescue to copy between the drives and also a test copy
to /dev/null.  I only get freezes with no errors showing in dd_rescue
counts.

Is this a known issue on the SK8N and SATA?  I'd still like to use the
board so if switching to IDE is a work around I could manage that...

Thank you,

Jason Portwood
jason at wkrp.com