Max Ram

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Apr 21 02:58:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 18:49 -0400, Jose Perez wrote:
> Hello Freebsd
>
> I would like to know if can i use 8 GB

To use 8 gigs of ram, run the amd64 distribution.

> of Ram in Freebsd 6.1 and if have raid drivers for the new dell 2950

The "r3" of the 2950 that Dell will sell you on Monday is the PERC6,
which is the same as the PREC5, but you'll want to run 6.3 or newer for
an up-to-date mfi(4).

Don't waste your money on the DRAC5, its about as useful as an asshole
on your elbow.

~BAS