HOWTO local FTP mirror for FreeBSD installation

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Sat Apr 19 15:02:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

For local installations of FreeBSD via FTP, I tried to setup a local FTP
mirror using the preferred method as described in section 3.1.3 of the
following :-

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/hubs/mirror-howto.html

However, I found that the ftp-master.freebsd.org refused to accept cvsup
connection. Moreover, I found that CD-ROM contents were different from
what was found on the FTP website and could not simply copy the CD-ROM
content to a local FTP server.

I hope someone could help to advise an efficient method to setup a local
FTP server for easier installation, rather than changing CD-ROMs many
many times for one installation.

Thank you,   John Mok