RTL8111C driver for FBSD7

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Apr 18 14:56:51 UTC 2008

--On Friday, April 18, 2008 22:30:41 +1000 Da Rock
<rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au> wrote:

>> Give it a bit of manual help, something like:
>>
>> ifconfig rl0 inet 192.168.0.25 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100baseTX
>
> I have to admit I hadn't thought of that, and I did just check it now,
> but thats not the case here. The NIC led is not on at all, only the
> switch led is blinking slowly.
>
> No, I believe this could be one for the experts- any out there?

No expert here, but grep the .h file for that driver and see if it even
supports your card.  If the model number isn't there, you're probably out of
luck unless you can find a programmer to add the necessary pieces.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst