ClamAV 0.93 on FreeBSD 4.11

Juergen Fiedler juergen at carroll.com
Thu Apr 17 17:49:39 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to install ClamAV 0.93 on a FreeBSD 4.11 (i386)
system. I have downloaded and untarred the port, but when I
try to install it, I get an error message indicating that
my gcc can't build executables.
The section of config.log that I believe to be relevant
looks like this:

-------
configure:3464: checking for C compiler default output file
name
configure:3491: cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include
 -D_THREAD_SAFE  -L/usr/local/
lib  -lpthread conftest.c  >&5
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lpthread
configure:3494: $? = 1
configure:3532: result:
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "clamav"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "clamav"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "devel"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "clamav devel"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "http://bugs.clamav.net/"
| #define PACKAGE PACKAGE_NAME
| #define VERSION "0.93"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3538: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
-------

I am not even sure where to begin doing something about
that. Does anybody know how to deal with that? Is there any
additional information I should supply?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 -Juergen