How can I access video tape under FBSD?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Wed Apr 16 20:53:06 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 22:11:16 Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:28:30PM +0200, Frank Wißmann wrote:
> > Hi, folks!
> > I have bought for myself a taperecorder-to-usb-connector, which I wrote
> > in /etc/usbd.conf as following:
> > Device  "Video tape"
> > Product "0x2821"
> > Vendor  "0xeb1a"
>
> Neither the vendor nor the device are listed in
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs. That does not bode well.

Quick scan on google reveils 0xeb1a is Pinnacle. You might ask on multimedia
list if anyone knows this card. Could be it's accessible as 'tv tuner' or
similar interface.

I suspect there's gonna be a few requests like this with harddisk space being
cheap and old home movies hitting the expiring date.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.