Will USE_PYTHON accept my existing Python version?

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Apr 16 20:36:51 UTC 2008

Hello!

Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I tried to figure out the answer
myself by reading /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.python.mk, but it's really over my head.

If I'm going to install a port that defines USE_PYTHON=yes in it's
Makefile and I currently have python-2.4.3,1 installed, will the port
accept my existing Python version or attempt to pull in Python 2.5?

Thanks in advance.

--
Toomas
... This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.