How do I use more process memory with mysqld

Vikash Badal Vikash.Badal at is.co.za
Wed Apr 16 08:08:49 UTC 2008

 -----Original Message-----

Sorry about that ... Missed that one.

My.cnf:
~~~~~~~~~~
# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
key_buffer = 768M
max_allowed_packet = 2M
table_cache = 1024
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer_size = 4M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 16M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 128M
thread_cache_size = 8
query_cache_size = 64M
max_connections = 200
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
thread_concurrency = 8

server-id       = 31

aths to different dedicated disks
#tmpdir         = /tmp/
tmpdir          = /mnt/ramfs/tmp/

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet = 16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash

[isamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 256M
sort_buffer_size = 256M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M

Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm. Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaimers at is.co.za and a copy will be emailed to you.