Openldap server install failure - openldap client conflict

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Wed Apr 16 01:46:03 UTC 2008

I sent this to ports but then reconsidered this- I thought ports was for
ports errors, but a quick look back and it mostly seems to be just for
testing. Anyway, I hope I rectified this sufficiently...

I'm trying to install OpenLDAP as a server to "attempt" to try it out
for our network. The problem is the openldap client is already installed
for other apps as php, apache, asterisk, etc. So my question is: is it
possible to uninstall the client? Will the server include the client
required for these other apps?

And while I'm here... I tried installing the odbc backend, but it
conflicts with other apps as well. How can I have both the libiodbc and
unixodbc at the same time for openldap server (requires libiodbc), php5,
etc?

Cheers